Leumas Lighted Life, LLC prides itself on ensuring the rights of our residents. Leumas Lighted Life, LLC shall ensure that the residents experience the following rights:
You Have the Right To...
You have the right to eat well balanced meals, have a comfortable place to sleep and have appropriate clothes. You shall see a doctor and dentist regularly as deemed necessary by you, your legal guardian, staff and/or your doctor or dentist
You have the right to be treated with respect and courtesy.
You have the right to participate in the development of your service plan: Your plan will involve teaching skills, developing relationships and empowerment
You have the right to be informed of any changes in medications and the reasons for the changes
You have the right to privacy. Your records and other information about you shall be kept confidential and released only with you or your legal guardian's written consent.
You have the right to visit and communicate with your family, friends, and members of your planning team.
You have the right to be protected from mental and physical abuse.
You have the right to receive assistance with managing your personal funds.
You have the right to give written permission to have your picture displayed outside of Leumas Lighted Life, LLC
You have civil and legal rights guaranteed by local, state, and federal laws.
You have equal rights and shall not be denied admission to Leumas Lighted Life, LLC or be subjected to discrimination based on race, sex, mental or physical disability, creed, national background or ancestry.
You have the right to attend church services.
You have the right to life within the least restrictive environment possible in order to retain your identity and independence.
You have the right to receive a copy of the written acknowledgement of your rights which shall be signed and dated by the direct/designee, staff reviewing rights with you and/or your representative
In addition to these rights, you can also expect to:
- Make decisions and be responsible for your decisions
- Act autonomously
- Participate, and have family participate, if desired, in the planning of activities and services
- Receive, upon admission, a copy of the services provided by Leumas Lighted Life, LLC and the charges for these services
- Be free from mental, emotional, and physical abuse and/or neglect
- Furnish your bedroom as space permits
- Use and maintain personal possessions
- Be notified in writing when Leumas Lighted Life, LLC's license status is suspended, revoked or limited, and to be informed of the basis of the Licensing Agency's action
- Participate in community activities
- Arrange for third-party services at your expense, as long as you remain in compliance with the conditions of residency
- Exercise your right to vote
- Suggest changes in policies and services
- Be given written notice of not less than thirty (30) days prior to discharge from Leumas Lighted Life, LLC, except in life-threatening emergencies and/or when the resident is a danger to him/herself or to others
- Continued residency in your bedroom/living unit, unless stipulated in your contract or justifiable circumstances arise
- Be fully informed of your rights and rules governing your conduct and responsibilities
- Consult freely with counsel of your choice
- Live in a physical environment that ensures your physical and emotional security and well-being
This is a Smoke-free Environment